Woke up at 7 feeling well-rested for once. Win.
Decided to get into the ONE cab in Beijing that drives with no AC and the windows down! But he knew the city better than any driver I've had so far so he took me right to the office instead of to the long tunnel on the other side of the road from my building. He also showed me a really easy way to get to work once I get a bike (hopefully very soon).
I arrived at the office at 3 minutes to 9, to find only Della and Evonne, the other interns, were the only people in the office. Literally. We went to the Han conference room, where we had a training program about a work allocation system in the office.
Finished at 9:30 and passed the time for a while. We aren't getting any work yet so we have nothing to do.
At noon I had a video conference call with the Shanghai PH about unilateral termination for an hour and a half, lunch included.
Passed the time for a bit before the nothingness overtook me. I sent out a few emails, and while nothing needs to be done today I'm told there will be stuff to do starting tomorrow.
At six I left and caught a cab. Spent the time to the hostel teaching him English. Nice guy.
At 8:30 I went to a duck restaurant just down the street a ways to meet Michael and Sofia from the trans-Mongolian train. I brought along Bob and Ebba and Stephanie and Cole.
The duck was great but there wasn't enough. I insisted to the woman they'd only given us half a duck. She said it was the whole duck and then proceeded to tell me she'd bring more. She brought the bones of our duck and plopped it down on the table. Stephanie and I ducked into it and ate the scraps off the bones.
At the hostel I ran into Tom, Kris, and Kat, who are leaving at 5am tomorrow. We chatted for a while, pushing my bedtime back a bit.
I went to bed and was asleep at one.
7/7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment