I woke up with relative ease considering how little sleep I got last night. Got dressed, had breakfast and went to work. On the way we passed the worst accident I've seen so far -- a cab (surprise!) and a motorcycle... And the cyclist was dead on the street, a crowd of people around him.
Spent the morning booking my hostel in Brussels (a place that used to be Van Gogh's studio) and figuring out what to do for the day I'm there, as well as doing an inventory for Ian so we can return a bunch of items for a client. The afternoon was research and preparation of two memorandums.
I left at 6 and got the bus at 6:17. Instead of getting off at my usual stop, though, I stopped at the Yashow Market stop -- I had some souvineer shopping to do.
I got fourteen souvineers for friends and only paid 200元, which is a bargain, to say the least, considering I got 9 t-shirts, 3 little figures, some bottle openers, an incense holder and a fan. I was too lazy to argue so I just told people how much it was worth (I've been in enough of these markets to know... it makes things easier)
Got back to the hostel at 7:45 and got from Cole a spare suitcase he didn't need. He had gotten it from Kuldeep, who got it for a trip to Shanghai but couldn't bring it home. I need it for all my extra stuff I've gotten here.
Cole and I went out at 9 for dinner at Aunt Characteristics, where we saw Alex, who was on her way to the hostel to rest, feeling a bit sick. During dinner I got a text from Stephanie, from the office, asking me to be in at 9:30 tomorrow. Great. I responded "happy to"...
After dinner, Cole and I got Alex and at 10 the three of us got foot massages at our usual place.
After an hour we paid and floated to the hostel. I spent a while chatting with Steffan and Jeeyoung, the Koreans, and Jonas and a few more. Steffan is going to Mongolia tomorrow morning so I said goodbye to him at 12:30 when I went up to sleep -- gotta be up early, after all.
8/9/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment